With an area of over 7 million square kilometres, Australia is the world’s sixth largest nation. It is also a land of extremes: the smallest continent and home to the world’s largest structure composed of living organisms (Great Barrier Reef). The landscapes are as diverse as the wildlife: from arid deserts to tropical paradises, from modern and bustling cities to the remote outback, and from the primeval Uluru or Ayers Rock to the rich and colourful marine life off shore.
If you’re planning to go on a holiday, exploring our own dear nation can be a trip of a lifetime. However, with such an overwhelming array of destinations, choosing one and planning the trip can be quite a challenge and you will need the help of a good travel guide. To help you decide, here are some of Australia’s top destinations:
- The Great Barrier Reef – There’s literally a whole new world to see in one of Australia’s natural treasures, a destination every Aussie should experience at least once. Here you can go snorkelling or scuba diving to get up close and personal with the most colourful tropical fish, coral reefs, and the occasional sharks. Afterwards, you can simply relax in the many resorts nearby.
- Sydney – There’s so much to see and explore in Australia’s largest city including the iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge, Bondi Beach, the magnificent Sydney Harbour, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city centre, and more!
- Melbourne – One of Australia’s greatest cities offers a contrast to Sydney. Here you can relish the city’s café culture and indulge in the many restaurants and bars. Wander leisurely down the Yarra or shop at the many designer stores and factory outlets.
- Ayers Rock – Another natural treasure that Australians should see at least once, Ayers Rock is accessible through Alice Springs, the start of an exciting 4-wheel drive trail. You can also visit the impressive and breathtaking Kings Canyon from there.
- East Coast – One of the world’s most stunning coastlines, Australia’s East Coasts offers plenty of opportunities for relaxation, exploration and adventure. Take a road trip from Noosa to Melbourne!
- Kangaroo Island – See Australia’s unique wildlife in their natural habitat in Kangaroo Island near Adelaide.
- The Whitsundays – If you want a dream beach getaway, the Whitsundays is the best choice. The beaches and islands are beautiful! You can also go on an adventure and hire a boat to explore the area.
These are just a few of the amazing destinations you can choose from for your next holiday. You can consult a tourism guide to find more information about these spots. If you’re ready to go on a great Australian adventure, our friendly travel agents are on hand to help you plan your trip.